Sugar Free Carrot Barfi for Diabetics | Gajar ki barfi:-
We encourage diabetics to follow a diabetic diet because diabetic-friendly recipes with a low glycemic index play a key role in controlling blood sugar levels. The glycemic index measures how quickly a food raises blood sugar, which is why we share only such sugar free recipes in our blogs which have very low glycemic load. So, in today's blog we are going to share a recipe for sugar free desi ghee Carrot Barfi or Gajar Barfi for diabetics.
Carrot Barfi Ingredients:-
- 2 Spoon Desi Ghee
- 500 gm Carrot
- 1 Cup Milk
- 60g Diabexy Sugar Free Sweetener
EGL of Used Ingredients:-
The EGL values for Desi ghee, Carrot, Milk, and Sweetener are 0, 4, 1.90, and 1, respectively. Because the EGL of all these items is very low, we can use them to make recipes suitable for diabetics. The Glycemic Load (GL) of a food indicates how much it will raise blood sugar levels. The lower the GL of a food, the lesser impact it has on blood sugar. If you are also a diabetic patient, always try to consume foods with a low glycemic index.
How to Make Sugar Free Carrot Barfi :-
- To make carrot barfi, first, we will take two tablespoons of desi ghee in a non-stick pan.
- Now, we will add 500 grams of grated carrots to it and cook it for 10-15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, when the carrots are cooked, we will add 1 cup of milk to it and mix it well.
- Now, we will add 60 grams of diabetic-friendly sugar (Diabexy sugar), and once again, mix it well.
- Now Grease a tray with oil and spread the mixture of cooked grated carrot.
- We will sprinkle some dry fruits on top of it and freeze it for 1 hour and now cut it into pieces.
And finally your carrot barfi is now ready and the approximate glycemic load of this carrot barfi is 1.1. Stay connected with us for more sugar-free recipes and continue following your diabetic diet with these tasty diabetic recipes.