Diabetes can be Reversed!
In the last blog Real Cause of Diabetes we learned about the real cause of Diabetes which is Insulin Resistance. In this blog, we will cover the fundamentals of diabetes, its various types, and practical measures for managing diabetes by avoiding complications. We'll also discuss the significance of diet, supplements, and blood sugar monitoring.
Diabetes is a condition that affects millions of people throughout the world but with proper knowledge and discipline, it can be cured or reversed naturally. Diabetes can also be renamed as glucose intolerance, it occurs when you have more glucose than your body can handle. If blood sugar levels remain high all the time then it can lead to a wide range of complications and problems. However, with the appropriate dietary modification and lifestyle modifications like a carbohydrate-restricted diet, you can live a disease-free life.
Types of Diabetes
Type 1 diabetes - it is caused by a deficiency of insulin in the body which might occur due to the destruction of insulin-producing cells in the pancreas and often develops in childhood. This destruction of insulin-producing cells leads to a deficiency of insulin in the body and Insulin injections are required to fill the gap and also to control blood sugar levels in people with type 1 diabetes.
Type 2 Diabetes is the most common type of diabetes which is caused by too much insulin in the body, which usually develops in adulthood. It is linked to factors related to lifestyles such as a carbohydrate-rich diet, no physical activity, and obesity. In type 2 diabetes, the body becomes insulin resistant, and thereby blood glucose level increases.
Common symptoms of diabetes
Diabetes symptoms can vary based on the type and severity. Typical symptoms include:
- Extreme thirst and hunger
- Frequent urination
- Sudden weight loss
- Blurry vision
- Delay in Wound healing.
If you or someone you know is experiencing these symptoms, it's important to see a doctor for a correct diagnosis.
Diabetes management or diabetes reversal
It's your choice what you want to achieve. Remember that managing/reversing diabetes is a lifelong commitment, with the appropriate tactics, and some changes in your daily diet and lifestyle, you can live a healthy and disease-free life.
- Consuming a carbohydrate-restricted Diet: Carbohydrate-restricted diet means the food you consume should have the least amount of carbs. Diabexy offers a wide range of food items specially made for diabetic patients after years of research that are low in carbohydrate content and also very tasty.
- Eat a small amount of food: Avoid overeating, always keep in mind that smaller is better. Monitoring your quantity of carbohydrate intake will be especially beneficial in controlling your blood sugar levels. For this, you should know the glycemic load of every item you eat. you can get a glycemic load chart easily. The glycemic load chart available on our website contains 300 food items with this glycemic load value.
- Monitor Blood Sugar Levels: It is critical to regularly monitor your blood sugar levels to understand how your body reacts to various factors such as diet, physical exercise, etc. For free consultation, advice, or assistance, you can connect to Diabexy support team of health coaches, dieticians, and doctors.
- Vitamin Supplements: you can take supplements in addition to food to enrich your body with micronutrients. These supplements have no side effects on your body and can help you to control your high blood sugar problem.
Associated problems and complications
Diabetes or high blood sugar, if not controlled, can cause several complications and issues. It is critical to be aware of these potential issues and take preventative measures to avoid such conditions.
- Obesity: When you take medicines for diabetes, these medicines forcefully push the sugar from the blood to the cells thereby decreasing the blood sugar level but increasing sugar inside cells, this extra sugar gets converted into fat and gets deposited there causing obesity. This unwanted and forceful deposition of sugar changes the shape, size, and weight of the body. These medicines may be effective in decreasing blood sugar levels but lead to obesity as a side effect.
- Cardiovascular Disease: Due to high blood sugar levels water retention is increased. Water retention is nothing but the process in which the body retains some amount of water before excretion but in some cases, it may lead to edema, a condition in which the swelling of body parts takes place due to the deposition of fluids in the cells. An increase in water retention increases blood volume in an association. This increased blood volume imparts pressure in the heart and is responsible for cardiovascular diseases like Hypertension (High blood pressure) and many more.
- Risk of Heart attack: The sugar in the blood is converted into cholesterols in the liver. The deposition of bad cholesterols blocks the arteries (blood carrying oxygen to different organs) and the chances of heart attacks are increased in diabetic patients.
- Nerve Damage: High blood sugar levels for a longer period can damage the nerves, causing symptoms such as loss of feeling in a part of the body, tingling (nerves sending extra signals that feel like pricking of pins), and pain.
- Kidney failure: Diabetes can damage kidneys in the long run. Kidneys are the filters of our body. It filters out all the unwanted components from the body through urine. The high sugar in the blood puts a lot of pressure on the kidneys. This slowly hampers the normal filtration process of the kidneys. Long-term diabetic Patients can face kidney failure if diabetes is not cured or managed at early stages. Diabetic patients should be aware of it and regular checkup is necessary to avoid such conditions.
- Eye problems: High blood sugar levels can harm the blood vessels in the eyes, causing problems with vision and possibly blindness. Periodic eye examinations can aid in the detection and its management.
- Foot Complications: Diabetes can cause foot difficulties due to poor circulation of blood and nerve damage. It is critical to evaluate your feet regularly, wear suitable footwear, and get treatment for any foot problems as soon as possible.
- Skin Issues: High blood sugar might make the skin more prone to infections and delay the wound healing process. Regular skin inspections and proper hygiene are essential to avoid such conditions.
- Dental health: Diabetes raises the risk of gum disease and other dental disorders. Regular dental check-ups and good oral hygiene practices are crucial.
How to live a healthy life and stay away from Diabetes
When it comes to addressing diabetes-related difficulties and consequences, prevention tends to be the best way. Here are some risk-reduction strategies to manage diabetes.
- Maintaining normal blood sugar levels: Normal blood sugar levels can be managed by consuming food items that have a lesser glycemic load. Diabexy’s expert panel of dieticians and diabetologists can guide you to cure your high blood sugar level completely.
- Control your blood pressure and cholesterol levels: High blood pressure and high cholesterol levels can raise your risk of heart-related issues. These issues must be managed through medication, but long-term medication dependence can bring additional side effects in your life. If you want to manage those without any side effects then you can try a range of products from Diabexy.
- Quit smoking: Quit smoking is one of the most important steps you can take to lower your risk of heart disease and other consequences.
- Maintain a Heart-Healthy Diet: A diet rich in vegetables, and whole grains that is low in saturated and trans fats will help protect your heart and blood vessels. Diabexy is the perfect place where you can avail those food items with a free diet consultation.
- Physical activity: Regular exercise helps you to control blood sugar levels and supports overall cardiovascular health. Try for a mix of cardio and strength-training routines. Those who have high fasting blood sugar levels, avoid doing intense exercise in the early morning.
- Adherence to medicine: If you take medicines, take them exactly as your healthcare practitioner advises. Skipping dosages or failing to adhere to the specified regimen can result in uncontrolled blood sugar levels.
- Regular Check-Ups: Regularly following up with your healthcare team is critical for monitoring your overall health and spotting potential issues early.
Although there is no age limit set for diabetic patients, with the appropriate approach, it can be effectively managed and even might be cured permanently. Adopting a healthy lifestyle that includes a carbohydrate-restricted diet, regular exercise, controlling your weight, and stress reduction is essential. Monitoring your blood sugar levels and working closely with your physician are additional important measures in effectively controlling diabetes.
Everyone is different, and what works for one person might not work for another. It is essential to work with your healthcare practitioner to develop a personalized diabetes treatment plan that meets your unique requirements and goals. You can take control of your diabetes and live a happy and healthy life with effort and the correct support. Diabexy is here to support you and your close ones to reverse diabetes, we already helped thousands of individuals to overcome this problem and still helping many. If you need any kind of assistance regarding diabetes reversal, please do reach us on our website.
In the next blog, How do Carbohydrate Impact Blood Sugar | मधुमेह में क्या खाना चाहिए | Diet for Diabetes we will continue with How carbohydrates impact blood sugar Till then stay healthy.